Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My Red and White Candy Cane Christmas and Key West Dollhouse





I thought this year it would be fun to show you some pics from my real house for Christmas. This year it is all red and white with a candy cane theme.  








 Last year was an elf theme, so this year I repurposed the elves that were in the tree and did them on the dining table. As you can see my Key West house is in the corner of the dining area. I can see it as well from my kitchen. The Key West house is decorated in true Key West style for Christmas.


 Ribbon run through picket fence is very popular. I love the look of it.




Decorating you bike is a Key West must! All over town you see people riding bikes that are so decorated they could almost be parade floats. They use battery pack lights and run them through the wheel spokes. They really go overboard, so I had to decorate my mini bike. Poinsettias in the basket, ribbon in the wheels and a tree in the back.





These pics are from the house directly across the alley from my husband's parent's home. They do the ribbon through the fence that is so popular. I love that they did a wreath on the cat door in the fence.




 This bike is just a display piece in front of someones house, but it shows you some of bike decorating.


I hope you all have a wonderful holiday! Love from South Florida!


6 comments:

shannonc60 said...

Thanks for showing pictures of your lovely homes (big and little) and all the decorating that is common in your area. People here in Australia decorate their homes with lights mostly, or hideous plastic novelty items. It seems the aim is to make your house bright enough to burn retinas, not to look pretty. I too love the ribbon woven through the pickets, the tree in the bike basket and all the little bits of greenery overhanging your mini fence. Very pretty.

elizabeth s said...

Hi Robin! It is always interesting to see how the decorating is done in some of the warmer climates! I love the ribbon through the fence idea; quite charming and very playful especially with the wreath around the cat door! :D
I also like your garland around the entry to your Key West Dollhouse. In fact, your dollhouse dressed for Christmas is such a delightful play of opposites especially with that lovely palm tree in the yard.
Merry Christmas!:D

KLC said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work! Everything you do is so inspiring; this in particular put a smile on my face. I'm going to try putting red ribbon on my fence - it's beautiful! Thanks again and a very Merry Christmas to you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Robin,
Thankyou for sharing your pictures , your home is as magic as your dollhouses ,a lovely place to live and enjoy your art ,I wish you A Happy Christmas from the cold wet lake district here in the UK
Amanda

Liz - Grandpa's Doll House said...

You houses are lovely, Robin. I love your sense of style and the details are gorgeous. I hope you share more with us. Liz Dieleman, Grandpa's Doll House

Unknown said...

This is darling! Do you decorate a dollhouse for Christmas every year?